Last updated: [ 01.17.2023 ]
1. Modification. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify this Agreement at any time. Such modification will be effective ten (10) days following posting of the revised Agreement on the Site, and your continued use of the Site thereafter means that you accept those modifications.
2. Ability to Accept. The Site is only intended for individuals aged thirteen (13) years or older. If you are under 13 years please do not visit or use the Site. If you are between 13 and 18 years of age, then you must review this Agreement with your parent or guardian before visiting or using the Site to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand this Agreement and agrees to them.
3. Site Access. For such time as this Agreement is in effect, we hereby grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, revocable right to access and use the Site solely for your own personal and non-commercial use, and provided that you comply with this Agreement. Except for the foregoing right, we do not grant you any right or licenses to any of our or a third party's Intellectual Property Rights.
4. Restrictions. As a condition to your right to access and use the Site, you shall not (and shall not permit or encourage any third party to) do any of the following: (a) copy or reproduce the Site; (b) sell, assign, lease, lend, rent, distribute, or make available the Site to any third party, or otherwise offer or use the Site in a time-sharing, outsourcing, or service bureau environment; (c) modify, alter, adapt, arrange, translate, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or non-literal aspects (such as the underlying ideas, algorithms, structure, sequence, organization, and interfaces) of, the Site; (d) remove, alter, or conceal, in whole or in part, any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice or legend displayed or contained on or in the Site; (e) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related or technical features or protocols of the Site; (f) make a derivative work of the Site, or use the Site to develop any service or product that is the same as (or substantially similar to or competitive with) the Site; (g) publish or transmit any robot, virus, malware, Trojan horse, spyware, or similar malicious item intended (or that has the potential) to damage or disrupt the Site; (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (at our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site infrastructure, or otherwise interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the integrity or proper working of the Site; and/or (j) use the Site to infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party's Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below), or any law.
5. Account. In order to use some of the services of the Site, you may have to create an account ("Account"). You agree not to create an Account for anyone else or use the account of another without their permission. When creating your Account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify Gem immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. As between you and Gem, you are solely responsible and liable for the activity that occurs in connection with your Account. If you wish to delete your Account you may send an email request to Gem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Payments to Gem. Your right to access and use the Site is currently for free, but Gem may in the future charge a fee for certain access or usage. You will not be charged for any such access or use of the Site unless you first agree to such charges, but please be aware that any failure to pay applicable charges may result in you not having access to some or all of the Site.
8. Linking. We permit you to link to the Site provided that: (i) you link to (but do not replicate) any page on this Site; (ii) the hyperlink text shall accurately describe the Content as it appears on the Site; (iii) you shall not misrepresent your relationship with Gem or present any false information about us, and shall not imply in any way that we are endorsing you or any services or products, unless we have given you our express prior consent to do so; (iv) you shall not link from a website which prohibites linking to third parties; (v) the website from which you link to the Site does not contain content that (a) is offensive or controversial (both at our discretion), or (b) infringes any Intellectual Property Rights; and/or (vi) you, and your website, comply with this Agreement and applicable law.
9. Intellectual Property Rights.
9.1. Content and Marks. The (i) content and information on the Site, including without limitation, the text, documents, articles, brochures, descriptions, products, software, graphics, photos, sounds, videos, links, interactive features, and services (collectively, the "Content"), and (ii) the trademarks, service marks, trade names, service names, trade dress, symbols, brands, and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are the property of Gem and/or its licensors and may be protected by Intellectual Property Rights laws and treaties. “Gem”, the Gem logo, and other marks are Marks of Gem or its affiliates. All other Marks used or appearing on the Site are the Marks of their respective owners. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site. "Intellectual Property Rights" means any and all rights, titles, and interests (under any jurisdiction or treaty, whether protectable or not, and whether registered or unregistered) in and to technology and other intellectual property (such as the Content), and includes without limitation patents, copyright and similar authorship rights, personal rights (such as moral rights, rights of privacy, and publicity rights), architectural, building and location (and similar geography-based) rights, mask work rights, trade secret and similar confidentiality rights, design rights, industrial property rights, trademark, trade name, trade dress and similar branding rights, as well as: (a) all applications, registrations, renewals, extensions, continuations, continuations-in-part, divisions or reissues of the foregoing rights; and (b) all goodwill associated with the foregoing rights.
9.2. Use of Content. Content on the Site is provided to you for your information and personal use only and may not be used, modified, copied, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, de-compiled, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without our prior written consent. If you download or print a copy of the Content you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. In any event you wish to use, publish, copy, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display or otherwise exploit such Content, please be in touch with us at [ ] in order to receive our written consent.
10. Information Description. We attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, we cannot and do not warrant that the Content available on the Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. We reserve the right to make changes in or to the Content, or any part thereof, in our sole judgment, without the requirement of giving any notice prior to or after making such changes to the Content. Your use of the Content, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility.
13. Warranty Disclaimers.
15.1. This section applies whether or not the services provided under the Site are for payment. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so to that extent certain exclusions set forth herein may not apply.
15.2. THE SITE (WHICH, FOR CLARITY, INCLUDES WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT AND MARKS) IS PROVIDED AND MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS, AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, QUIET POSSESSION, TITLE, QUALITY OF SERVICE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT OTHERWISE ARISE FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR DEALING, OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY US AND OUR LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT MAY RESULT FROM TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OF THE INTERNET, SLOW CONNECTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR OVERLOAD OF OUR OR OTHER SERVERS.
15.3. IN ADDITION, NEITHER GEM NOR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR CONDITION: (A) REGARDING THE EFFECTIVENESS, USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE; (B) THAT YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIRMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS; (C) THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR VIRUS-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (D) REGARDING THE SATISFACTION OF, OR COMPLIANCE WITH, ANY GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS OR STANDARDS
14. Limitation of Liability.
16.1. IN NO EVENT SHALL GEM OR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE UNDER, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH, THIS AGREEMENT, FOR:
(A) ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES;
(B) ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
(C) ANY LOSS OF, OR DAMAGE TO, DATA, REPUTATION, OR GOODWILL; AND/OR
(D) THE COST OF PROCURING ANY SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES.
16.2. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF GEM UNDER, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH, THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE LOWER OF: (A) FIVE U.S. DOLLARS (US $5), AND (B) THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU (IF ANY) TO GEM DURING THE THREE (3) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU BRING YOUR CLAIM.
16.3. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY: (A) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW; (B) EVEN IF GEM HAS BEEN ADVISED, OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE, OF THE POSSIBILITY OF LOSSES, DAMAGES, OR COSTS; (C) EVEN IF ANY REMEDY IN THIS AGREEMENT FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; AND (D) REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OR BASIS OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE, MISREPRESENTATION, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER CONTRACT OR TORT LIABILITY.
16.4. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or of other damages, and to the extent applicable to you, such exclusions and limitations shall not apply. Furthermore, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
15. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Gem and our affiliates, and our respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of, or inability to use, the Site; (ii) your User Submissions; or (iii) breach of any provision of this Agreement.
16. Term and Termination.
18.1. This Agreement commences on the Effective Date and shall continue in full force and effect until terminated in accordance herewith (the "Term").
18.1. We reserve the right to immediately terminate this Agreement, or otherwise modify, suspend or discontinue your access to and use of the Site (or any part thereof), for any reason whatsoever, at any time, and without notice or obligation to you, and you agree that Gem shall have no liability to you or any third party for any such termination, modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
18.1. You may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason. If you object to any term or condition of this Agreement or any subsequent changes thereto, or become dissatisfied with the Site in any way, your sole remedy is to terminate this Agreement and to immediately discontinue use of the Site.
17. Consequences of Termination and Survival. Upon termination of this Agreement your right to access and use the Site will automatically terminate and be deemed revoke. Sections 9 (Intellectual Property Rights) through 23 (Entire Agreement) inclusive shall survive any termination of this Agreement. Termination shall not affect any rights and obligations accrued as of the effective date of termination.
18. Independent Contractors. You and Gem are independent contractors. Nothing in these Terms creates a partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment relationship between you and Gem. You must not under any circumstances make, or undertake, any warranties, representations, commitments or obligations on behalf of Gem.
18. Assignment. Gem may assign this Agreement (or any of its rights and/or obligations hereunder) without your consent, and without notice or obligation to you. This Agreement is personal to you, and you shall not assign (or in any other way transfer) this Agreement (or any of your obligations or rights hereunder) without GEM’s express prior written consent. Any prohibited assignment shall be null and void.
19. Governing Law and Place of Jursidiction. This Agreement (including without limitation its validity and formation) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of State of Israel, without regard to any conflicts of laws rules or principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act shall not apply to this Agreement and are hereby disclaimed. The competent courts of the city of Tel Aviv-Yaffo shall have the exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any dispute and action arising under or in relation to this Agreement.
20. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, then: (a) the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect; and (b) such affected provision shall be ineffective solely as to such jurisdiction (and only to the extent and for the duration of such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability), and shall be substituted (in respect of such jurisdiction) with a valid, legal, and enforceable provision that most closely approximates the original legal intent and economic impact of such provision.
21. Remedies. Except as may be expressly stated otherwise in this Agreement, no right or remedy conferred upon or reserved by any party under this Agreement is intended to be, or shall be deemed, exclusive of any other right or remedy under this Agreement, at law or in equity, but shall be cumulative of such other rights and remedies.
22. Waiver. No failure or delay on the part of any party in exercising any right or remedy under this Agreement shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right or remedy preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy. Any waiver granted hereunder must be in writing (for waivers by you, emails will be acceptable; for waivers by Gem, the writing must be duly signed by an authorized representative of Gem), and shall be valid only in the specific instance in which given.
23. Entire Agreement. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between Gem and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes and replaces any and all prior and contemporaneous oral and/or written agreements, understandings and statements between you and Gem with respect to such subject matter. You acknowledge and agree that in entering into this Agreement you have not relied on any statement or representation (whether negligently or innocently made) not expressly set out in this Agreement; for example, statements and explanations in any FAQs or other marketing material on the Site (defined below) are for convenience only, and are not binding or a part of this Agreement.